Search This Blog

Thursday 8 April 2010

Kangaloonies knitting group member Caroline


When did you start knitting? I've been knitting since I was 8 years old. My Grandma taught me. I did stop for a while, but when my son was ill four years ago I took it up again.

Favourite yarn? Anything expensive of course! I really love the Noro yarns for the colours and Rowan for the quality. My favourite has to be Rowan's Cotton Glace, it is so lovely to knit with.

Favourite project? I love doing bags, but I also make jumpers and other garments, mostly as presents for people.

When do you knit? I knit all the time... at work, on journeys, at concerts. I also crochet and when I was a witness in a trial at Court, I took in my crochet and an ipod, caught up on the Archers and finished a blanket! I've even taken my knitting to last night of the Proms! Nobody seemed to mind, in fact they are usually very interested to know what I'm making.

Current project? I'm just finishing the Medina Sweater by Martin Storey for my son's girlfriend in Rowan Purelife Organic Cotton DK, she's a size 8 so it should look really nice. I've just got to do a couple of finishing bits and put some tassels on it and it will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment