Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Kangaloonies member Diana


When did you start knitting? I'm a newbie. I've only been knitting for 18 months, although my first project was a fairisle beanie! I got the pattern when I was still living in the States - it was designed by a weaver/dyer and is really beautiful.

Why did you come to Kangaroo? Knitters are wonderful, the whole world over. I'd just moved to the UK and was so relieved to find a fun knitting group right on my doorstep who made me feel so welcome.

Favourite yarn? Well, it is an American yarn called Cascade. The one I'm using at the moment is 100% merino wool. I really like natural yarns especially wool. It's nice to work with and very sturdy. My top tip is to always buy the best yarn you can afford.

Favourite needles? Oh definitely bamboo and the Denise Interchangeable knitting needle set, all you'll ever need.

What is your favourite project? I knitted a baby alligator scarf when I was on holiday in the US, which was great fun.

What are you knitting now? Well, I'm having a go at cables and using 4 needles for the first time. I'm knitting a pair of fingerless gloves, I think they are coming on quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment