Search This Blog

Monday 31 May 2010

The last full day at the knitting workshop


The week seems to have gone by so quickly, I feel like I have spent all my waking hours in the kitchen, it has been fun but hard work. Saturday morning and the sun is shining, it is the trip to Chauvigny market which I love, sadly because it is a bank holiday weekend in France and there is another large market nearby the button man is not there, however there is still plenty to see.

The church in the medieval part of the town is fantastic with its painted pillars and well worth the climb up the winding steps, more inspiration for knitted projects.
Back to the chateau for lunch and it has started to rain, upstairs the students are having their show and tell session, the work they produce seems to get better every year with some fabulous designs and use of colour.
Culli and I are in the kitchen fretting over the dessert, another trial run for the wedding feast I am doing in June. The bride wants a profiterole wedding cake, called a Croquembouche which I gaily said of course I can make one....... Well the last time I made a profiterole was 30 years ago, however it worked! My willing guinea-pigs demolished every last crumb.
Before dinner we had the final kirs and presentation of certificates. Wendy won the prize draw, not for her beautiful knitting inspired by a cactus, but for her wonderful sense of humour, which she is demonstrating in her little speech and went something like this -
Can you name three fish that start and end with a K?
Killer Shark
Kwiksave breaded haddock
Kilmarnock - yes, it's a plaice in Scotland..........
Thank you Wendy for keeping us entertained and living up to your Kangaloonie reputation. Susan also won a Mili silk knitting needle case for keeping her wonderful calmness and serenity throughout the workshops.
Thank you to Heike and Anne for being such brilliant tutors and to all the lovely guests, you have been a very appreciative audience and Culli and I look forward to meeting you all again, perhaps at the chateau or one of our knitting retreats at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment