Search This Blog

Thursday 15 November 2012

A trip to Bordeaux

Shades of autumn
The last knitting and crochet retreat for 2013 has finished, we have just Lin left to take down to Bordeaux. It is a sunny Saturday morning so Gill, Lin and I set off on the scenic route to Bordeaux through Cognac and Barbeziuex enjoying the autumn colours and rolling vineyards. We arrive in the city at lunch time and I spend half an hour driving around in circles trying to find my way to the car park I know. Having finally parked we wander through a silent funfair to the pedestrianised streets and a compulsory visit to la Droguerie, I buy some lovely leather handles for knitted/fabric bags and some brooch pins.
Macaroons!

A wall of chocolate bars
We have a lunch of omelette and salad in a busy cafe, then a dash to the covered shopping arcade as it starts to pour with rain, we admire the beautiful patisserie and chocolate shops. I think Lin is worrying about my ability to get out of the city centre faster than we arrived so we head off early for the airport and drop her off then Gill and I pop into a very busy Ikea on the way home.
It has been a great year for the workshops and retreats, we have met some lovely people and they have all made new friends. Bookings for next year are flowing in fast with a lot of repeat visits, the workshops are almost full already. To see the full list of dates and availability click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment