Search This Blog

Thursday 18 February 2016

Winter at knitting holidays in france

I love the winters at La Verderie, they are usually short but can be a bit of a lottery. This year has been fairly mild with the odd frosty day, a couple of violent storms and a bit of rain but when the sun comes out it is wonderful -  warm enough to enjoy a long lazy lunch in the garden in November or gardening in a t-shirt and shorts in January.

Buddy on a frosty morning in the vines
Winter is the time to catch up on all the DIY and gardening, so far we have put up new shelving in the studio and I have painted the downstairs bathroom. Bedrooms are next on the list. The translation work for Bergere de France still keeps me busy and I have just sent off a cushion design for one of the summer issues of 'Knitting' magazine, Culli has been busy in the workshop, making yarn bowls for stock, a beautiful tiered stand for Amy and plant holders for me.

Cushion design for Knitting magazine
Culli's latest project
The fortnightly craft group I joined a couple of years ago is now bursting at the seams, so I have started another one here on alternate weeks so that we can get our fix every thursday, some would say we only go along for gossip, tea and cake.....................!
thursday craft group



No comments:

Post a Comment